
It has been a while since I've posted. I figured it was about time. Here are some of the lessons I learned about life (and myself) while living in Washington, DC.
1. Baked and Wired cupcakes are one of life's supreme joys. Everyone should have one of these cupcakes at least once a month.
2. Sometimes rich and famous people aren't actually that nice.
3. Bring Easter flowers to the receptionist. She'll love you forever and hook you up with job possibilities.
4. When people are laughing in the common room and you're cloistered in your room, discard your homework and go spend time with them. People are more important than assignments.
5. Physical exercise is a necessity for mental health.
6. Ethiopian food is interesting, but not necessarily to my taste.
7. I want to have a family after all, not just a snazzy career.
8. I love, love, love riding the subway.
9. Large sunglasses make me look like I have a hangover. I wear them anyway.
On other news, spring term is almost over and I am so excited to be finished. I will be working part-time this summer and spending my afternoons hiking, swimming, reading, biking, and enjoying my first break in six years. Oh.... it will be lovely. I'll be taking suggestions for places to hike, but bear in mind that since I do not have a vehicle my range is limited.
Dude you're funny! Love the list! Can't wait to read more things you write!! Miss you & love you lots!
ReplyDelete